What Is Cannabis?
The term Cannabis is used for a group of plants with pharma-active properties. This group consists of three members known as Cannabis sativa, Cannabis indica, and Cannabis ruderalis. When the flowers of these plants are collected and dried, you are left with one of the most famous medicines on the planet. Some call it hashish, some call it pot, and some call it marijuana.
In the past marijuana was used as an addictive drug (as this plant contains THC naturally) that give this plant a bad reputation, but now modern research has revealed the medical benefits of cannabis. According to modern research, this plant contains 500 types of important chemicals. Thus, this is now considered an important medical weed (Source).
What Is Hemp Oil?
Hemp oil, also known as hemp seed oil, is produced using the Cannabis plant, which is the cannabis plant like a pot of medicine, but contains nearly zero tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the compound that makes individuals “high”. Instead of THC, hemp contains cannabidiol (CBD), a synthetic compound that has been used to cure epilepsy jitters. Hemp oil contains plenty of omega-6 and omega-3 fats, which are two types of polyunsaturated fats, or “large fats,” and each of the nine essential amino acids, which are substances your body uses to make protein.
This oil has many health benefits from anti-inflammatory to anti-aging and many more. Hemp oil is also used to treat chronic pains such as joints or muscles, it is also used by athletes.
Traditional Medical Use Of Cannabis
Cannabis-containing drugs may be of value in treating chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting that interact ineffectively with usual antiemetics. However, the initial clearances provided low proof of direct quality and reflected the chemotherapy and antiemetics that were available during the 1980s and 1990s. [Medicinal Cannabis: History, Pharmacology, And Implications for the Acute Care Setting]
In the past, it was used as a pain reliever and for mental problems mainly cannabidiol. Traditionally its fiber-rich parts were used in clothing, rope, and paper industries.
Modern Treatment From Cannabis Extracts
A plant-based drug i.e “Sativex” is produced by GW Pharmaceuticals. Sativex is a fully mature cannabinoid plant that has been shown to help with the pain of multiple sclerosis (MS) and treat the pain of cancer associated with severe polyneuropathy.
A cannabis-based spray is being sold based on medical experts’ prescriptions for some physiological issues in 15 countries such as the UK, Russia, Australia, and Spain (Source).
Health Benefits Of Cannabis CBD
- Cures chronic joint pain
- CBD treats alcohol addiction
- Help in burning excessive body weight
- Can act as anti-cancer
- Can treat epilepsy and diabetes
- Also, Can heal broken bones
- Can treat neurological disorders
- CBD can treat multiple sclerosis and arthritis
- Can be used to treat physiological disorders
Are the Health Benefits Of Cannabis More Than The Risks?
There is evidence of the harms and medicinal benefits of cannabis. However, modern studies revealed that it has many more health benefits as compared to its harms. But its use must be in controlled ways .its prolonged use may cause problems.
Several researchers and welfare bodies—including the American Cancer Society (ACS)—support requirements for additional rationale about the use of cannabis and cannabis to treat diseases.
There is a drawback to this, though: Cannabis is classified as a Schedule I controlled substance by the Drug Enforcement Administration, which stops the investigation of marijuana and cannabis by burdening the harsh conditions on the specialists working here.
Health Benefits of Cannabis Use
Temporary or daily use of marijuana (cannabis) is accompanied by the following effects:
- Pain relief
- Can treat various neurological disorders such as epilepsy
- Increase in appetite
- Short-term memory loss
- Cures dehydration problem
- Impaired focus
- Increase in food intake
- Decrease in blood pressure
Risks of using Cannabis
Several health risks are considered to be associated with the use of marijuana on daily basis:
- Daily use of marijuana is accepted to double the current side effects of the bipolar issues among individuals with this mental health problem.
- Despite this, the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine report suggest that among individuals with no set of condition experiences, there is only limited evidence of an association between cannabis use and the creation of bipolar confusion.
- Although there is no evidence to recommend any link between cannabis use and an increased risk for most tumors, the National Academies of Sciences have found some evidence to suggest an increased risk for the inactive seminoma subtype of malignant growth in the testicle.
- Regular pot smoking is associated with an increased risk of persistent penetration, but it is “distracted” regardless of whether smoking marijuana deteriorates lung capacity or increases the risk of COPD or asthma.