Coronavirus: Symptoms, Causes, & Treatments!
What Is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus which we also call COVID-19 is a contagious infection caused by the SARS-2 virus. This disease is highly transmittable and contagious. According to the “world meter” Coronavirus has caused the death of 6,620,645 people around the world.
This disease is a modification of the old SARS disease. That’s why COVID-19 is known as SARS-2 disease. This disease has a 14-15% mortality rate.
A wide range of symptoms is shown by coronavirus patients. A few are given below:
- High-grade fever
- Respiratory complications
- Cough, difficulty in breathing,
- Extreme tiredness
- Body aches
- Loss of taste
- Sometimes various organ failures such as kidney, heart, etc.
Causes Of Coronavirus
Coronavirus is a member of a group of human coronavirus which infects the human respiratory system. In history, MERS, SARS, and other coronaviruses and now COVID-19 continuously have infected humanity. There are several causes related to coronaviruses:
It is thought that this disease has an origin in animals i.e. bats and bats are eaten by a few groups. We should avoid eating wild animals.
Cold foods are also considered an effective cause of coronaviruses. So we must avoid these cold drinks, ice creams, etc.
Can COVID-19 Kill A Person?
Yes, COVID-19 can kill a person. If the infected person is already suffering from a disease, then the coronavirus will cause that disease to become more severe. Older people are more prone to killing from this disease.
Risk Factors Related to COVID-19 Disease
Several risks factor related to coronavirus are:
- Persons or older people already suffering from a disease, such as tuberculosis, HIV, and respiratory infections have a high risk of getting COVID-19 disease.
- Smoking is also a contributor to the disease; people who smoke are more prone to disease.
- People with poor living styles are at a greater risk of getting coronavirus disease. [https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/11/2/e044618]
- Folks working or living in populous areas also have more chances of disease development.
- Lastly, medical care workers as they have to assist and treat the infected patients.
COVID-19 Ways Of Transmission
Coronavirus has a high transmission rate.
- As this is a respiratory infection, droplets coming from the mouth of the patients can transmit the disease.
- Handshakes or any body contact can transmit the disease.
- Saliva from the infected person.
- Public gatherings are also a source of coronavirus transmission.
Preventive Measures For COVID-19 Disease
- We can control the spread of COVID-19 disease by following the below-mentioned methods:
- Always use a face mask.
- Always keep a hand sanitizer with you.
- Keep following the social distancing rule i.e 6 feet apart.
- Do not eat cold foods.
- Avoid crowded places.
How Much Time Is Required For The On-Setting Of SARS-2 Disease?
If a person has come in contact with the coronavirus in any way, he will become the carrier of the disease. Now the risk of getting the infection by himself and the people around him has increased. The disease will appear within 14 days which we call the incubation period. Then the person starts to have signs of the disease which becomes severe with time.
Home Remedies To Cure COVID-19
A few home remedies are given below:
Piper longum: It is generally used to treat persistent bronchitis, asthma, obstruction, gonorrhea, loss of tongue movement, cholera, persistent bowel disease, viral hepatitis, respiratory infection, stomach pain, bronchitis, spleen disease, breakouts, and growths. Thus, it is effective in curing coronavirus disease.
Black pepper: it has anti-aging, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, can cure hepatitis B, is anti-fungal, and many more properties thus it is thought to be much more effective in treating COVID-19.
Garlic: it is especially used in Iraq in traditional medicines; it has properties such as anti-aging, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal and can boost the immune system. So, used as an effective remedy against coronavirus disease.
Turmeric: This is traditionally used in medicines, dyes, and the cosmetic industry. This has properties such as anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-plastic and can cure several diseases such as diabetes, cancer, HIV, and many other heart diseases. [Novel Remedial Approaches Against Virulent Corona Viruses]
Coronavirus And Self-Isolation
If a person happens to contract the disease he or she should quarantine himself, or the other people around him do not develop the disease. Thus, it is suggested to wear a face mask, this will make you safe from becoming the carrier of the disease.
If you wear a mask and other health care guides then you are not protecting yourself from the disease but also the other people around you. So, one must wear a face mask to protect people from suffering.
Medication For COVID-19
Several medications are now available in the market to cure coronavirus: such as
This must be noted that all of the above-mentioned medications are vaccines.