Pros & Cons Of Hemp Smoking – Let’s start by talking about what hemp is before we consider smoking it. Hemp is a member of the cannabis family, but it varies from marijuana in that it has less THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the psychoactive substance that gives marijuana its characteristic “high.” Hemp is frequently used to make a variety of goods, including food, building materials, textiles, and paper.
The Potential Benefits of Smoking Hemp
In recent years, CBD hemp Smoking has become more well-liked as a viable substitute for smoking tobacco or marijuana. Here are a few potential advantages of smoking hemp:
- Relaxation: After asking some folks, many smokers of hemp say it helps them unwind and relax.
- Pain relief: According to research, hemp may have anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving qualities, which may assist to reduce chronic pain.
- Anxiety and stress relief: Hemp includes CBD (cannabidiol), which is similar to marijuana and has been demonstrated to have potential anti-anxiety and stress-reducing properties.
- Sleep aid: Some believe that Hemp Smoking makes it easier for them to fall asleep and helps them sleep more soundly at night.
The possible advantages and risks of Hemp Smoking should be thoroughly understood, but it’s important to note that additional research is required. Also, smoking anything can have detrimental consequences on one’s health, so it’s vital to exercise caution when doing so and think about using edibles or tinctures as an alternative to smoking hemp.
You can also read 7 Uncommon Ideas for New Weed Smokers.
The Legal Status of Hemp
In the UK and the US, hemp can be grown and sold as long as it has a THC content of less than 0.2%. It’s important to remember that it’s still unlawful to smoke hemp in public and that doing so could result in fines or other consequences.
What Can Be Changed By Smoking Hemp?
It’s difficult not to giggle at some of the humorous juxtapositions as we take a closer look at the rise of Hemp Smoking as a potential wellness fad. For instance:
- The social aspect of hemp smoking sessions may resemble that of cigar smoking, with people relaxing in luxurious recliners while chatting about the newest trends in wellness.
- Those who once looked down on cigarette smokers may now find themselves in the awkward situation of having to choose between passing judgment on hemp users in the same way or adopting the habit themselves.
- Although hemp has a reputation as a “hippie” substance, if it becomes more popular in wellness circles, it may end up being accepted by everyone from middle-aged suburbanites to fashionable city dwellers.
Is it Safe to Smoke CBD Hemp?
While some individuals think that smoking CBD hemp can have some health advantages, it’s vital to remember that breathing in any smoke can have detrimental impacts on your health. Smoke, especially smoke from CBD hemp, can irritate the lungs, raise the possibility of respiratory issues, and expose the body to toxic chemicals and other hazardous substances.
There are other ways to consume CBD hemp that doesn’t entail breathing in smoke, so keep that in mind if you’re thinking about smoking it. For instance, CBD hemp can be consumed through foods, tinctures, or topical lotions.
In light of this, let’s examine some advantages and negative impacts of smoking CBD hemp:
Benefits of Hemp Smoking include Pain relief, Sleep aid, Anxiety, and stress relief.
Side Effects of Smoking CBD Hemp
- Respiratory problems: Smoke in any form can irritate the lungs and raise the risk of respiratory issues like bronchitis, a persistent cough, or lung cancer.
- Addiction: Smoking any chemical can result in addiction and dependence, even though CBD is not thought to be addictive.
- Drowsiness: CBD may have a sedative effect that leaves users feeling sleepy or worn out.
- Dry mouth: Dry mouth is a negative effect of CBD use that some people may experience.
- Interference with medications: If you take any drugs, it’s vital to see your doctor before using CBD because some medications and CBD can interfere.
There are other non-inhalation means of intake, such as foods or tinctures, which might be safer and more efficient. If you do choose to smoke CBD hemp, you should proceed with caution and consult your physician to be sure it’s safe for you to do so.
So, is smoking hemp really a new wellness trend? Sure enough, that is how it seems. Hemp Smoking is expected to become a popular wellness choice for many people due to its potential advantages, which include everything from pain relief to relaxation. Hemp is also becoming more widely available and legal. But, it’s crucial to keep in mind that smoking anything might have detrimental consequences on one’s health, and more research is required to completely comprehend the advantages and dangers of smoking hemp. Eventually, whether to smoke hemp or not should be decided after serious deliberation and evaluation of the possible repercussions.
- Mlost J, Bryk M, Starowicz K. Cannabidiol for Pain Treatment: Focus on Pharmacology and Mechanism of Action. Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Nov 23;21(22):8870. doi: 10.3390/ijms21228870. PMID: 33238607; PMCID: PMC7700528.
- Blessing EM, Steenkamp MM, Manzanares J, Marmar CR. Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders. Neurotherapeutics. 2015 Oct;12(4):825-36. doi: 10.1007/s13311-015-0387-1. PMID: 26341731; PMCID: PMC4604171.
- Using Cannabis As A Sleep Aid | Available Online At: https://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleep-aids/cannabis-and-sleep#:~:text=Among%20long%2Dterm%20cannabis%20users,sleep%20aid%20is%20still%20developing.
- Smoking and Respiratory Diseases | Available Online At: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/smoking-and-respiratory-diseases